Angela Viator Smith
Self-starting, community-building professional with a strong focus on building positive relationships and process-refinement. Ability to efficiently manage a variety of assignments and projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. Excellent budgeting, organizational, and Microsoft Office suite skills.
- Adept with compliance and accounting best practices.
- Tracked $500K of expenses and credits monthly for multiple funds.
- Reconciled $50K of purchase card statements monthly.
- Processed $25K of expense reports for a variety of purposes monthly.
- Timely and accurate grant reporting for projects from $50K-$3M.
- Excellent budget management skills.
- Highly skilled at forecasting and conducting cost-benefit analysis.
- Created budget and transparency reports for six figure non profit.
- Proficient in Concur expense management software.
Community Leadership & Partnerships
- Presented inclusivity and diversity workshops at three international conventions.
- Facilitated interactive workshop on active inclusion in stakeholder community groups at SXSW.
- Led equity-minded stakeholder town hall in partnership with other local community-leaders.
- Advocated for community residents at community-leader meetings city leadership.
Training and Process Refinement
- Developed departmental training for transitioning to new accounting software.
- Refined procedures and processes to improve management of $500K in inventory.
- Implemented operating procedures to improve critical response times.
Rice University, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Department Coordinator 2016-2019
Rice University, Baker Institute for Public Policy, Financial Coordinator 2011-2015
Rice University, Ken Kennedy Institute, Institute Coordinator 2009-2011
University of South Florida Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace Certificate 2021
Rice University Graduate Certificate in Finance 2013
University of Wales, Aberystwyth Master of Arts 2005
University of Evansville Bachelor of Science 2000
Rice University Certificates
FLI Network Supporters